Classes to be delivered remotely until March 2022

Announcement follows rising cases of Omicron variant

University encourages students to stay in home communities.

On Dec. 16, Queen’s announced most Winter 2022 classes will be delivered online until the end of reading week on Feb. 28.

After extensive consultations with Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington (KFL&A) Public Health, the University has made the decision to support the health and safety of the Queen’s and Kingston communities as it aligns with Ontario’s accelerated booster dose rollout plan.

According to the announcement, students will receive further communication from their respective faculty or school office concerning the delivery mode for all activities in the coming days.

Student residences will remain open for the Winter 2022 term. However, students who do not have any in-person academic activities in January and February are encouraged to stay in their home communities.

“At this time, the university expects to transition to full in-person academic activities as of Feb. 28, 2022. As such Queen’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy remains in place, and registration in in-person courses remains limited to students who are fully vaccinated,” the press release stated.  

Students are encouraged to refer to Queen’s Safe Return website for any upcoming updates.

“We recognize that these changes may also affect the mental health and well-being of our staff, students, and faculty members. Support for staff and faculty is available through the Employee and Family Assistance Program.”