Masking on campus to continue until end of May

Queen’s updates requirements for all in-person activities over spring/summer term

Students encouraged to follow current COVID-19 isolation guidelines.

The University has announced the extension of on-campus masking requirements until the end of May in an Apr. 14 update to the Queen’s Safe Return to Campus website. 

Queen's had previously announced the suspension of masking and vaccination requirements starting May 1. 

READ MORE: Queen’s suspends mandatory masking & vaccination for spring/summer term

In their most recent update, the University wrote the masking requirement will be reassessed at the end of May.

“This action is being taken for our employees’ wellbeing and to help ensure the [U]niversity can continue to deliver safely on its academic mission throughout the spring.”

Staff, students, and faculty must continue wearing an ASTM F2100 Level 2 medical-grade mask while engaging in indoor, on-campus activities.

The University also encouraged community members to wear masks in crowded indoor settings that involve close contact between individuals. 

On the topic of vaccinations, Queen's strongly advised all community members to receive their booster shots. No changes have been made to Queen’s isolation protocols, updated Mar. 25.