In December 2015, Queen's University began construction on the $20-million revitalization of Richardson Stadium.
The original Richardson Stadium was built in 1921 where Tindall Field is today. In 1971, however, it moved to its current West Campus location. The stadium was dedicated to Chancellor James Richardson’s brother George Taylor Richardson, a Queen’s student athlete killed in the First World War.
The revitalized Richardson Stadium will feature an artificial turf field, a state-of-the-art scoreboard, bowl-seating and webcasting capacity among other improvements.
On Dec. 5, 2015, construction began on the project with a ceremonial ground-breaking. The project is scheduled to be completed by the start of the 2016 football season.
When commenting, be considerate and respectful of writers and fellow commenters. Try to stay on topic. Spam and comments that are hateful or discriminatory will be deleted. Our full commenting policy can be read here.