AMS releases 2022 EDII commitments report

‘We work to represent the diversity of undergraduate students at Queen’s’

Report details goals to improve accountability and transparency

The AMS released its 2022 EDII Commitments Report in a press release on Jan. 16.

“It is imperative and essential that the Alma Mater Society (AMS) always apply a lens that considers intersectionality and the distinct interests and concerns of the QTBIPOC students we serve,” the press release said.

The report discussed goals achieved in the first half of AMS executive team RTZ’s term—including holding an Equity Open House, collecting student experience data from online feedback forms, and conducting ongoing equity training for AMS staff.

According to RTZ, the EDII Commitments report was written, taking into account consultations with members of AMS senior management on equity and shared feedback from the broader student community.

READ MORE: RTZ addresses ‘cliquey’ culture at November equity town hall

“As the student government representing approximately 20,000 undergraduate students at Queen’s, we have a position of leadership that we must use to foster a positive social impact. In every conversation, initiative, and service we run, we work to represent the diversity of undergraduate students at Queen’s,” the press release said.

The report also detailed ongoing goals and new equity commitments divided into nine sections. Commitments included accountability and transparency, student support and engagement, accessibility and mental health, and sexual violence prevention.

“More important than the goals we lay out our plans to act on them,” the report said.

According to the AMS, this report will be released annually to ensure “constant advancement” in equity, diversity, inclusion, and Indigeneity.

AMS, EDII, Social Issues Commission