Bear with me here – I was skeptical too. If you’d asked me a week ago, I would’ve told you chickpeas belong nowhere NEAR brownies. Fast forward to tasting this recipe and let me tell you, I had no idea what I was missing. These are creamy, chocolatey and don’t have that “healthy” aftertaste you’d expect from anything that cuts out the sugar. These honey and chickpea brownies replace the majority of your typical baking ingredients like butter, sugar and flour. The nutella adds that necessary bit of indulgence and can be replaced with nut or seed butter for a healthier snack. The chocolate chips can also be replaced with seeds, nuts and fruit.
- 1 can of chickpeas (15 ounces)
- ½ cup of Nutella/nut butter/seed butter
- 1/3 honey *Use agave to make this recipe vegan
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips *Replace with nuts, seeds, or fruit if desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate in a good processer
- Mix in chocolate
- Pour batter into one of the following
- 9×9’’ square pan
- 11×7’’ rectangular pan
- 8×2’’ round pan
- Bake for 22 minutes
- Let cool and serve!
All final editorial decisions are made by the Editor(s)-in-Chief and/or the Managing Editor. Authors should not be contacted, targeted, or harassed under any circumstances. If you have any grievances with this article, please direct your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.