Chicken teriyaki pasta salad

Want to impress your housemates, family or significant other with your amazing cooking skills, or at least fake it? Here’s a simple, yet visually intricate dish that will leave your guests and taste buds wanting more.

As a student on a mostly Kraft Dinner diet, I had to go to the grocery store and buy some of the ingredients necessary for this recipe, so you might have to as well. This recipe will take around 50 minutes to make, so you’ll have to plan your time in advanced. This isn’t something you can throw together like scrambled eggs.

Ingredients:

• 1 chicken breast
  • 1 cup of lettuce
  • 1 tbsp. of feta cheese
  • A desirable amount of pasta to satisfy your hunger

Chicken marinade:

• 1/4 cup of soya sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. of mustard or ketchup
  • 1/4 tsp. of ginger powder
  • 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. of sugar

Sauce for the noodles:

• 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • 2 tbsp. of red wine vinegar
  • 2 1/2 tbsp. of sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. of garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. of salt
  • 1/4 tsp. of pepper

Instructions:

1. Set up all of your ingredients and turn your oven on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Clean your chicken breast and set it in a bowl or bag.
  3. Combine the ingredients for the marinade and place the chicken in the bowl, making sure to coat the entire breast. Let the chicken marinate for 20 minutes.
  4. After 20 minutes, take the chicken and place it onto a baking tray with aluminum foil underneath. Place it in the oven for 20-25 minutes and throw out the marinade that you used for the chicken – let’s not go giving you salmonella.
  5. While the chicken is cooking in the oven, bring a large saucepan filled with water to a rolling boil. Cook your pasta until your desired consistency. Make sure to put olive oil in the boiling water so the pasta does not stick together.
  6. Mix the sauce for the noodles in a bowl and place to the side until the pasta is cooked.
  7. Take the chicken out of the oven when it’s done cooking, and cut it into esthetically pleasing pieces.
  8. Place the bed of lettuce on a plate; drain the pasta and place on top.
  9. Take your pasta sauce and drizzle over the pasta and lettuce.
  10. Place your chicken on top and crumble feta until it looks like a dish ready for an Instagram picture.

Enjoy your meal and believe that you’re an amazing self-made chef that makes meals like this one every night. Who needs to know the truth about that case of KD in your pantry?

You can change the recipe to suit your dietary restrictions, like changing the chicken to shrimp or veggies, and the regular pasta to gluten-free or whole wheat.

Chicken teriyaki pasta salad, dinner, pasta salad, recipe