By Trilby Goouch
What’s green and boasts an abundance of nutrients? Spinach pizza crust. If you were a big fan of our cauliflower pizza crust, be sure to try this one out. Each slice boasts a healthy serving of vegetables, iron and calcium!
Just 300 calories for half of the pizza, this one’s a shoe-in for those suffering from i-can’t-just-have-one-slice syndrome.
• 2 cups of spinach leaves
• 1 egg
• 1 cup shredded cheese for crust
• 1/3 cup of shredded cheese for topping
• 1 tsp. basil, salt and pepper
• ¼ cup of tomato paste
• Toppings of choice
• Preheat oven to 425 degrees
• Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth (I added 1 tbsp of water to help it blend)
• Line a large round tin with parchment paper (I used 2 smaller pans)
• Spread evenly in the pan(s) and bake for 15 minutes
• Remove from oven, spread with tomato paste and toppings then place back in oven on broil until cheese is bubbling
• Pear, onion, arugula, caramalized onions, walnuts and gorgonzola
• Tomato sauce, mozzarella, chicken/sausage/spicy salami, basil, red peppers
• Tomato sauce, mozzarella, olives, prosciutto, red peppers, artichoke hearts
• Pesto, mozzarella, tomatoes, chicken and basil
Adapted from: http://joandsue.blogspot.ca
All final editorial decisions are made by the Editor(s)-in-Chief and/or the Managing Editor. Authors should not be contacted, targeted, or harassed under any circumstances. If you have any grievances with this article, please direct your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.