Haleigh Schreyer elected HSS President

Angela Li and Cameron Yung voted in as VPs

HSS announced results after a week of postponement.

The Health Sciences Society (HSS) executive election results were announced Feb. 14, a week later than expected due to an error that prevented BISC and online students from voting in time.

Voters elected Haleigh Schreyer, HealthSci ’24, as president for the 2022-23 school year. Schreyer won 74.9 per cent of the vote.

Joining her are Vice-President (Operations)-elect Angela Li, HealthSci ’24, and Vice-President (University Affairs)-elect Cameron Yung, HealthSci ’23, who won 44.6 per cent and 62 per cent of the vote, respectively.

In an email statement sent to The Journal, Yung reiterated her campaign promises and congratulated her opponents.

“I am beyond grateful for everyone’s support, encouragement, and votes and to have the opportunity to serve another term,” she said.

“I will do my best and fulfill my duties with dedication, integrity, and empathy. I look forward to working with the rest of the HSS team and students this term.”

Luca Manconi, HealthSci ’25, who lost to Yung with 24.3 per cent of the vote, also expressed his gratitude to voters.

“Although I didn’t end up elected VPUA, I still want to thank everyone who took the time to follow my campaign, ask me questions, repost my posts and support me along the way,” he wrote in an email to The Journal on Feb. 17.

“I am looking forward to potentially working with you next year on the HSS to help follow through with some of your promises. The Bachelor of Health Sciences program is in great hands.”

Schreyer and Li didn’t respond to The Journal’s request for comment in time for publication.

2022 elections, hss