I’m all for treating yourself, especially when exam season is about to roll around. A little bit of comfort food goes a long way on a bad day.
My personal go-to when I have three assignments, two tests and a paper due is to bake. I stress-bake. It’s a problem. I also stress-gym. Less of a problem.
Protein cookies are my ideal way to combine the two. Even better, this recipe takes less than 15 minutes to make and only makes two cookies. If you only make two, you can’t eat a dozen … unless you make six batches. That being said, these cookies are perfectly cakey and have just the right amount of sweet, a way to calm your sugar cravings and get a little post-workout protein kick.
- 4 tbsp flour — feel free to substitute coconut or almond flour
- 2 tbsp protein powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple syrup — this is for sweetness and optional, I personally prefer the cookies without the syrup
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl
- Stir until you get a sticky-consistency dough
- Place dough in two dollops on either a greased cookie sheet or a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Bake for 7-8 minutes
All final editorial decisions are made by the Editor(s)-in-Chief and/or the Managing Editor. Authors should not be contacted, targeted, or harassed under any circumstances. If you have any grievances with this article, please direct your comments to email@example.com.