Public Health confirms positive cases of COVID-19 at downtown restaurants

Individuals affected by exposures at Tango Nuevo, The Brass Pub, and The Mansion asked to get tested

Individuals affected by the exposure at Tango Nuevo

Kingston, Frontenac, and Lennox and Addington (KFL&A) Public Health confirmed several positive cases of COVID-19 at Tango Nuevo Restaurant, The Brass Pub, and The Mansion Restaurant and Bar this week.

On Wednesday afternoon, KFL&A Public Health issued a request that those who attended Tango Nuevo Restaurant on Friday April 2 between 11:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. self-isolate regardless of symptoms. KFL&A Public Health will provide outreach over the next few days by phone or text.

“We recommend that individuals affected by this exposure get tested on or after seven days from the exposure date,” KFL&A wrote in the statement. “If you attended the restaurant on April 2, 2021 please go for testing on or after April 9, 2021. Monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 for 14 days after the date of your last exposure (until April 16, 2021).”

On Tuesday, KFL&A had also reported exposures at The Brass Pub and The Mansion Restaurant and Bar. Individuals affected by these exposures are asked to get tested on or after seven days from the exposure date.

KFL&A Public Health is recommending that individuals who visited The Brass Pub on Friday, April 2 from 4:00 to 9:00 p.m. self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. 

Individuals who attended The Mansion Restaurant and Bar on Monday March 29 from 6:30 to 10:15 p.m. or Friday April 2 from 5:00 to 9:15 p.m. are also asked to self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19. 

Those who develop symptoms following a visit to either restaurant on these dates should isolate immediately and get tested. 

Individuals who went to The Mansion, but who might be asymptomatic, on March 29 should get tested immediately. Those who went to either The Brass Pub or The Mansion on April 2 are asked to go for testing on or after April 9. 

Students affected by these exposures can book a COVID-19 test at the Student Wellness Service (SWS) testing centre at Mitchell Hall from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.

Appointments can be booked by calling SWS at 613-533-2506; however, evening appointments—4 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.—can also be booked through a new online portal. 

Covid-19, downtown Kingston