Queen’s makes its way to Ontario University fair

Event marks the unofficial kick-off of recruitment season

Applications opened on Oct. 1.

Over 200 Queen’s staff, students, and faculty attended the Ontario University Fair in Toronto to attract prospective students to Queen’s this past weekend.

This year, the fair returned as an in-person event at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre after two-years of being held virtually. Several Ontario universities attended the fair to market themselves to high school students. In the past, more than 125,000 people would attend the fair.

According to the Executive Director of Undergraduate Admissions and Recruitment, Chris Coupland, the fair “marks the unofficial kickoff of the fall recruitment season.”

This year, the fair includes both in-person and virtual information session. The virtual sessions will be held once in October, November, and December.

“Virtual information sessions give us the chance to reach students across Canada and around the world,” Coupland said in a press release.

Queen’s virtual sessions will focus on access and inclusion, student awards, Bader College, and general information about the University.

“This has truly been a Queen’s-wide undertaking that has involved months of planning and coordination, and I want to thank everyone who has supported our efforts,” Coupland said.

Applications for students applying to Queen’s through Ontario Universities Application Centre (OUAC) began on Oct. 1 and will remain open until February.

Admissions, fair, in-person, Recruitment