Queen’s security and Kingston Police respond to intoxicated individual on campus

No charges laid, individual escorted from campus

The incident occurred at Stauffer Library and the Queen’s Centre.

An intoxicated male individual was at the Queen’s Centre and Stauffer Library on Feb. 27 at approximately 7 p.m. Campus Security and Kingston Police responded to the situation.

Kingston Police told The Journal Queen’s Campus Security called regarding an individual loitering on Queen’s property. The individual was escorted from campus, but no charges were laid.

Director of Campus Security and Emergency Services (CSES) Todd Zimmerman told The Journal CSES officers responded to the incident at the Queen’s Centre after it was reported.

“CSES confirmed the individual was not a member of the University community and notified Kingston Police, who attended, and the individual was escorted from campus,” Zimmerman said in a statement.

Zimmerman clarified the individual involved in the incident was not the same person who was arrested for the sexual assaults on campus that took place on Jan. 31 of this year.

“The safety and security of our students is always our priority. We have robust security initiatives and protocols in place including security patrols, blue-light alarms and wellness supports for students,” he added.

The University reminds the campus community that anyone in need of emergency assistance or concerned for their safety on campus should call 911, the 24/7 staffed Campus Emergency (Response) Report Centre at (613) 533-6111, use the SeQure mobile app, or activate any of the blue light emergency phones on campus.

assault, Breaking News, Campus security, Escorted, Kingston Police