Queen’s announces COVID-19 case total at 13

Fifteen active cases in the KFL&A region

KFL&A Public Health raised the community COVID-19 alert status from green to yellow on Sept. 25.
In an email to students on Monday evening, Queen’s announced that students in residence have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last four days, bringing the total number of cases involving Queen’s students to 13. 

“You all need to hold yourselves and each other accountable,” Mark Green, provost and vice-principal (academic) wrote in the email. 

Cases involving Queen’s students have steadily risen over the last week. On Friday, the University announced four new COVID-19 cases involving students both in residence and off-campus. In its first week of opening, Queen’s tested 400 students at the Mitchell Hall testing centre. 

“I realize that social connection is particularly important for individuals in your age group, but you must engage in social activities safely,” Green wrote. “This is about the health and safety of yourself, your friends, and your community. We are all counting on you to do your part.” 

According to the KFL&A Public Health dashboard, there are now 15 active cases of COVID-19 in the Kingston region. 

Students who report feeling ill should self-isolate and contact Public Health. More information on appropriate protocols is available on Queen’s COVID-19 Information website at www.queensu.ca/covidinfo