Team NOM elected as 2019-20 Residence Society Executives

NOM: ‘It truly means a lot to us’

Image by: Meg Kirkpatrick
Vice-President of Judicial Affairs candidate Oliver Flis.

Voting for Residence Society (ResSoc) executive closed Tuesday night, electing Team NOM by daybreak.

The team is composed of Presidential candidate Madison Scott, ArtSci ’20, Vice-President of Residence Affairs candidate Natasha Sharma, Con-Ed ’20, and Vice-President of Judicial Affairs candidate Oliver Flis, Comm ’20.

They came away with 59 per cent of the vote, while team SBB—composed of Sam Belbin, Nursing ’19 and ArtSci ’20, Bo Chen, CompSci ’19, and Brandon Tyrrell, ArtSci ’18 and Law ’22—received 41 per cent.

There were an additional 187 abstentions, for a total of 1,420 votes with 31.2 per cent of all eligible electors voting.

Following the results, NOM told The Journal in a team statement they were humbled with the results of the election.

“We will work tirelessly to deliver on our campaign promises and continue advocating for students,” the statement read. “We will strive to build on the progress made by the current executive team, and look forward to everything the coming months will bring.”

“A big thank you to everyone who supported us throughout our campaign and our time at Queen’s. It truly means a lot to us.”

Team SBB didn’t respond to request for comment in time for publishing.

Elections, ResSoc, ResSoc elections, results