Vegan, gluten-free cranberry chocolate chip cookie recipe

A tasty treat for summer potlucks, movie nights and more

Image by: Elena Koning
These cookies are perfect for sharing with friends.

If you’re hankering for something sweet but still want to uphold your summer health commitments, look no further. This recipe for vegan and gluten-free cranberry chocolate chip cookies is quick, easy, and made of natural ingredients to satisfy your cravings. 

Perfect for summer potlucks or late-night screenings of The Bachelorette, these cookies are a feel-good treat that will have you reaching for another. 

Ingredients:

—1 and 1/2 cups oat flour

—1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats

—1/2 teaspoon baking soda

—1/2 teaspoon baking powder

—1/4 teaspoon salt

—1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil

—1/4 cup coconut sugar

—1/4 cup pure maple syrup

—2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed and 6 tablespoons water)

—1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

—3/4 cup dried cranberries, roughly chopped

—3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Celsius.

2. In a small bowl, make the flax eggs by thoroughly combining the ground flaxseed and water. Let this mixture set for at least 10 minutes. 

3. While the flaxseed mixture sets, combine the oat flour, rolled oats, salt, baking soda and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. 

4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and the fully set flax egg.

5. Slowly fold the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients until well-combined, ensuring not to overwork the dough. 

6. Add the chocolate chips and chopped cranberries, mixing until incorporated.

7. Divide the dough into 12 equal portions, rolling each portion into a slightly flattened ball and placing the balls evenly onto a greased baking sheet. 

8. Bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes, keeping an eye on them throughout the cooking time. 

Cookie, easy recipe, recipe