Arrest follows break and enter at Queen’s

At approximately 10 p.m. on the evening of Oct. 29, Kingston Police (KP) officers received a phone call summoning them to the Craine Building on Queen’s campus.

Craine, located at 56 Arch St., was the reported location of a breaking and entering incident, according to a KP press release. The release stated that an intruder broke into several multiple rooms and offices and that a laptop and a cellular phone were stolen.

While a KP officer investigated inside the building, Campus Security noticed a suspicious male individual outside the building. He appeared to have a pry bar sticking out of his pocket.

Police then spoke with the man, who had several bags and items on his person. The KP asked Campus Security to place a call to the stolen cell phone, as they’d identified the owner.

The phone was then heard ringing in the man’s pant pocket. KP made the arrest shortly after.

After the arrest, the man was found to also have a screw driver and a small pry bar with him. He was charged with breaking and entering, possession of stolen property and possession of break-in instruments.

The cell phone and laptop were confiscated along with other items the police identified as stolen. 

Some of these other items belonged to an individual whose vehicle had been broken into at the Queen’s University underground parking garage between Oct. 28 and Oct. 29.

All stolen items were returned to their rightful owners.

arrests, Campus, crime, Kingston Police, News in Brief