By: Greg Kaladeen
Everyone loves autumn. Whether you’re recapping a great night with housemates or just want to impress that special someone, this recipe will do the trick! The maple syrup sauce also goes great with bacon.
Pumpkin French toast with autumn style maple syrup
Pumpkin French Toast
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup of milk
1/4 tsp. nutmeg 1/2 day-old baguette (cut into 1 inch thick slices
Autumn maple Syrup
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp. ground allspice (optional)
Half a stick of butter
¼ tsp. salt
1. Mix maple syrup, a tablespoon of butter, a pinch of salt and the ground allspice in a Microwave-proof bowl and heat for 20 seconds or until warm. Let sit and infuse.
2. Mix together, the pumpkin puree, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon of salt, milk and nutmeg in a shallow bowl.
3. Place slices of baguette into egg mixture for roughly five minutes or until fully soaked through (this can be done in batches).
4. While the baguette is soaking, heat a pat of butter in a pan over medium-high heat.
5. Place pieces of bread into the pan and cook until golden on the bottom, about three minutes, flip and cook other side for three minutes.
6. Serve with maple syrup sauce and enjoy.
All final editorial decisions are made by the Editor(s)-in-Chief and/or the Managing Editor. Authors should not be contacted, targeted, or harassed under any circumstances. If you have any grievances with this article, please direct your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.